Analytics - MS
The full-time, 11-month Master of Science in Analytics program immerses students in the skills necessary to become effective analytics professionals, including: quantitative tools, applications and reasoning, critical thinking and presentation/communication skills. This program places heavy emphasis on student application of knowledge and skills through a two-semester practicum where students work in teams to complete an industry or government sponsored real-world analytic problem. In addition, the program emphasizes student professional development with respect to written and oral communication, leadership, and career development. Students specialize in a domain of interest by choosing a “cluster” made up of two courses in a specific area of study. Currently the program offers business and health clusters.
Applying to graduate school has never been easier! To complete your application, you will need:
- $65 application fee (pay online)
- Prior college transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Enrollment Deposit Required
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- Additional Department Requirements
Students claiming in-state residency must also submit a Proof of Residence form. This form is not required to complete your application, but you will need to submit it after you are offered admission or you will not be able to register for classes.
Deadlines: Applications must be completed by the following deadlines in order to be reviewed for admission:
- Fall: N/A
- Spring: N/A
- Summer: April 30
- Special: N/A
New England Regional: ME RI VT
Accelerated Masters Eligible: No
Supplemental Materials: The Details
If you attended UNH after September 1, 1991, and have indicated so on your online application, we will retrieve your transcript internally; this includes UNH-Durham, UNH-Manchester and UNH Non-Degree work. However, if you attended GSC, Keene or Plymouth, then you must request and submit original transcripts from those institutions.
If you did not attend UNH, or attended prior to September 1, 1991, then you must request one official transcript be sent directly to our office from the Registrar's Office of each college/university attended. International transcripts must be translated into English. We accept transcripts both electronically and in hard copy:
- Electronic Transcripts: Please have your institution send the transcript directly to email@example.com. Please note that we can only accept copies sent directly from the institution.
- Paper Transcripts: Please send hard copies of transcripts to: UNH Graduate School, Thompson Hall- 105 Main Street, Durham, NH 03824. You may request transcripts be sent to us directly from the institution or you may send them yourself as long as they remain sealed in the original university envelope.
Letters of Recommendation: 3 Required
References should be substantial and should include academic and professional references.
After you have submitted your online application and are assigned an UNH ID, visit our online Letter of Recommendation Request Form for instructions and to request letters from your chosen referees. Recommendation letters submitted by relatives or friends, as well as letters older than one year, will not be accepted.
Personal Statement/Essay Questions:
Prepare responses to three program-specific essay questions.
Once you have completed your statement, you can submit it:
- Electronically, as part of the online application process (strongly recommended)
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail a hard copy directly to our office (address at bottom of page)
This program requires a deposit of $300 to secure your enrollment at UNH. You can pay your deposit online using your MyUNH account. Go to the pay my deposit page and follow the on-screen instructions after logging in. For additional help see our enrollment deposit FAQ.
- January 7 - Deposits open up for payments
- April 1 - Last day to request a deposit refund. Refunds limited to 50% of deposit paid. After this date refunds are not allowed.
- April 1 - Last date to make deposit. Note late admits (those admitted after the deadline) are not required to make deposits.
A current resume is required.
Additional Department Requirements:
You must have obtained a minimum GPA of 3.0 in earning your Bachelor's (or Master's) degree and have completed at least one statistics course for credit. An interview with an Analytics program faculty member is required. Please note that this program’s core courses are held in-person.
All applicants are encouraged to contact programs directly to discuss program specific application questions.
Additional Details for International Applicants
Prospective international students are strongly encouraged to go through our international pre-application process and are required to submit TOEFL (or equivalent) examination scores. Please note that TOEFL scores may be waived if English is your first language. If you wish to request a waiver, then please visit our Test Scores webpage for more information.