Data Science (Online) - Certificate
The University of New Hampshire's Data Science Certificate exposes students to current, cutting edge algorithms, coding languages, statistical modeling and visualization tools through guided, online instruction and applied case studies.
- Gain mastery of Python, using it to wrangle and explore data while learning industry standard tools like version control (with GIT and GitHub) and UNI.
- Learn to build out cross-validated predictive models, selecting and engineering the best features and learn how to turn it into reproducible data products.
- Master the fundamentals of SQL and NoSQL databases and gain practice in distributed computing.
- Build a valuable skill set and a portfolio of work that can be leveraged to gain employment upon completion.
Applying to graduate school has never been easier! To complete your application, you will need:
- $25 application fee (pay online)
- Prior college transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
- Personal Statement Essay
Students claiming in-state residency must also submit a Proof of Residence form. This form is not required to complete your application, but you will need to submit it after you are offered admission or you will not be able to register for classes.
Deadlines: Applications must be completed by the following deadlines in order to be reviewed for admission:
- Fall: June 15
- Spring: December 15
- Summer: N/A
- Special: N/A
New England Regional: No
Accelerated Masters Eligible: No
Supplemental Materials: The Details
If you attended UNH after September 1, 1991, and have indicated so on your online application, we will retrieve your transcript internally; this includes UNH-Durham, UNH-Manchester and UNH Non-Degree work. However, if you attended GSC, Keene or Plymouth, then you must request and submit original transcripts from those institutions.
If you did not attend UNH, or attended prior to September 1, 1991, then you must request one official transcript be sent directly to our office from the Registrar's Office of each college/university attended. International transcripts must be translated into English. We accept transcripts both electronically and in hard copy:
- Electronic Transcripts: Please have your institution send the transcript directly to email@example.com. Please note that we can only accept copies sent directly from the institution.
- Paper Transcripts: Please send hard copies of transcripts to: UNH Graduate School, Thompson Hall- 105 Main Street, Durham, NH 03824. You may request transcripts be sent to us directly from the institution or you may send them yourself as long as they remain sealed in the original university envelope.
- Additional Department Requirements: Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree (no specific field of study is required) from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 GPA or higher. Applicants should have demonstrated quantitative aptitude in undergraduate coursework or similar work experience in analytic field.
Letters of Recommendation: 2 Required
After you have submitted your online application and are assigned an UNH ID, visit our online Letter of Recommendation Request Form for instructions and to request letters from your chosen referees. Recommendation letters submitted by relatives or friends, as well as letters older than one year, will not be accepted.
References should be substantial and should include academic and professional references.
This program requires all applicants to answer the following three essay questions.
Once you have completed your statement, you can submit it:
- Electronically, as part of the online application process (strongly recommended)
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail a hard copy directly to our office (address at bottom of page)
A current resume is required.
The department has a mandatory interview for all applicant finalists. All applicants are encouraged to contact programs directly to discuss program specific application questions.
Additional Details for International Applicants
Prospective international students are strongly encouraged to go through our international pre-application process and are required to submit TOEFL (or equivalent) examination scores. Please note that TOEFL scores may be waived if English is your first language. If you wish to request a waiver, then please visit our Test Scores webpage for more information.