Wireless Communication Systems (Online) - Certificate
Wireless communication systems play a central role in today’s technological ecosystem. They connect people and devices in diverse environments, from homes, to businesses, to roads, to battlefields. This certificate program will provide students with tools to work on various aspects of wireless communication systems, from antennas, to modeling electromagnetic propagation, to signal processing, to multiple-antenna communications.
The certificate program will benefit practitioners who work in the fields related to wireless communications, mobile communications, antenna design, signal processing, and commutation system design.
Applying to graduate school has never been easier! To complete your application, you will need:
- $25 application fee (pay online)
- Prior college transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
- Personal Statement Essay
Students claiming in-state residency must also submit a Proof of Residence form. This form is not required to complete your application, but you will need to submit it after you are offered admission or you will not be able to register for classes.
Deadlines: Applications must be completed by the following deadlines in order to be reviewed for admission:
- Fall: June 15
- Spring: November 1
- Summer: N/A
- Special: N/A
New England Regional: No
Accelerated Masters Eligible: No
Supplemental Materials: The Details
If you attended UNH after September 1, 1991, and have indicated so on your online application, we will retrieve your transcript internally; this includes UNH-Durham, UNH-Manchester and UNH Non-Degree work. However, if you attended GSC, Keene or Plymouth, then you must request and submit original transcripts from those institutions.
If you did not attend UNH, or attended prior to September 1, 1991, then you must request one official transcript be sent directly to our office from the Registrar's Office of each college/university attended. International transcripts must be translated into English. We accept transcripts both electronically and in hard copy:
- Electronic Transcripts: Please have your institution send the transcript directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we can only accept copies sent directly from the institution.
- Paper Transcripts: Please send hard copies of transcripts to: UNH Graduate School, Thompson Hall- 105 Main Street, Durham, NH 03824. You may request transcripts be sent to us directly from the institution or you may send them yourself as long as they remain sealed in the original university envelope.
- Additional Department Requirements: BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Physical Sciences preferred.
Letters of Recommendation: 2 Required
After you have submitted your online application and are assigned an UNH ID, visit our online Letter of Recommendation Request Form for instructions and to request letters from your chosen referees. Recommendation letters submitted by relatives or friends, as well as letters older than one year, will not be accepted.
Prepare a brief but careful statement regarding: 1) reasons you wish to do graduate work in this field, including your immediate and long-range objectives, and 2) your specific research or professional interest and experiences in this field.
Once you have completed your statement, you can submit it:
- Electronically, as part of the online application process (strongly recommended)
- Via email to email@example.com
- Mail a hard copy directly to our office (address at bottom of page)
A current resume is required.
This program is not eligible for grants, scholarships, or financial aid. All applicants are encouraged to contact programs directly to discuss program specific application questions.
Additional Details for International Applicants
Prospective international students are strongly encouraged to go through our international pre-application process and are required to submit TOEFL (or equivalent) examination scores. Please note that TOEFL scores may be waived if English is your first language. If you wish to request a waiver, then please visit our Test Scores webpage for more information.