Programs of Study

  Find Your Program

Search Results: 1 program(s) found.

Substance Use Disorders in Manchester (Certificate)

The Substance Use Disorders Graduate Certificate Program provides a unique opportunity to complete a UNH post-baccalaureate certificate in two years through a series of four three credit courses. Classes meet on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings in a six-week format, and are conveniently located at the UNH Graduate School’s Manchester Campus in the Millyard. Students will learn alongside other social work professionals as well as graduate students and have the opportunity to earn continuing education units (CEU) to meet the requirements for state licensing or re-licensing, such as a Certified Recovery Support Worker (CRSW), Licensed Drug and Alcohol Counselor (LADC), or Master Licensed Drug and Alcohol Counselor (MLADC), through the New Hampshire Board of Licensing for Alcohol and Other Drug Use Professionals. Course credit may also be gained for future use in a full-time graduate program such as the Master of Social Work. For more information see the Substance Use Disorders brochure.

icon of red sunburst and words Apply Now

Application Deadlines

Fall: July 1

Spring: December 1

Summer: April 1

Special: NA

Application Requirements

Application Fee: $25.00 (Pay Fee Online)

Supporting Materials: Supporting materials should only be sent after you have completed and submitted your online application.

Transcripts: Non-UNH or UNH Prior to 9/1991: Request one official transcript be sent directly to our office from the Registrar's Office of each college/university attended. International transcripts must be translated into English. You may send transcripts yourself as long as they remain sealed in the original university envelope.

UNH Post 9/1991: If you attended UNH after September 1st, 1991 and have indicated this on your application, then our office will retrieve your academic transcript internally. This includes UNH-Durham, UNH-Manchester and UNH Non-Degree work. However, if you attended GSC, Keene or Plymouth, then you must submit original transcripts.

Paper Transcripts should be mailed to: UNH Graduate School, Thompson Hall - 105 Main Street Durham, NH 03824

Electronic Transcripts: We will only accept official electronic transcripts if they are emailed to our office directly from the institution. All transcripts must be emailed to this address:

Letters of Recommendation (2 required): Request referees to submit a letter of recommendation using our letter of recommendation request form. Recommendation letters submitted by relatives or friends will not be accepted. Placement credentials over three years old may be accepted as one letter of recommendation. Letters of recommendation older than one year are not considered acceptable. Letter of Recommendation Request Form and Instructions.

Personal Statement/Essay: It is strongly recommended that you submit your essay using the online application form. However, as an alternative, you may email them to us at or mail a copy directly to our office.

Prepare a brief but careful statement regarding: 1) reasons you wish to do graduate work in this field, including your immediate and long-range objectives, and 2) your specific research or professional interest and experiences in this field.

International: UNH graduate programs offered at the Manchester campus are not available to international applicants who are currently living outside of the U.S.

Residency: If claiming In-State residency you must submit our Proof of Residency Form.

Important Notes:

All applicants are encouraged to contact programs directly to discuss program specific application questions.

Dual (Secondary) Option: A student can also pursue a certificate program as a secondary degree. Instructions on how to do this are provided on the application for a certificate as a secondary degree form.

End of Results.