Letter of Recommendation Instructions
We encourage all applicants to use the online process outlined below once they have submitted their application and received their UNH ID. If your department requires additional statements of support, or you are providing recommendations that can't be submitted online, such as placement credentials, please have the provider email them to email@example.com or mail them directly to our office.
- After you have submitted your online application and received your UNH ID, submit the Letter of Recommendation Request Form. Please verify ALL email addresses entered before submitting the form. When you submit the form you will be emailed a confirmation and an automated email will be sent to each referee you listed with instructions on how to submit their letter.
- If you need to make any changes to what you submitted, contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org and, if possible, include a copy of your original confirmation email.
- We recommend you submit all your referees at one time but you can return to the form later to submit additional referees. If you wish to delete an existing referee, please contact our office (and be sure to also notify the referee) and we will inactivate the record.
- When your referee submits their letter of recommendation online you will receive an email informing you that it has been submitted. You can also check your status online.
- The Graduate School will send regular reminders to your referees if they have not submitted their letter of recommendation so do not submit multiple requests for the same referee.
We have retired our Adobe form process as of November 21, 2012. Anyone who is currently using the Adobe form may continue to do so but any new letter of recommendation requests should be done using our new online process.